Well as promised, here is the next (and last) instalment for today.
To start, I'm aiming to lose 20kg by Christmas (2 dress sizes) ... there, I've said it! To help me get there I've bought a bike, and am re-learning how to ride (tick, done today) and get more confident out on the road (started today). I had decided to have bike riding as one of my major exercise tools during this journey and had been researching a bike, had gone to look at it during my lunch break and came back to find an email about a free bike riding course and so I booked in to that.
It's a two day/afternoon course and day one was today. It goes from 1pm to 4pm. There is theory as well as practical.
Overall, today, we did 33 mins of bike riding out of the 3 hours, 20 mins of that out on the road. Next week we'll be going further afield and there will be more hills/rises involved, also we'll be dealing with roundabouts of which there are HUNDREDS around where the course was held.
Well I got home and guess what OH and I went for another bike ride, we did nearly 4km in just over 15 mins, so really happy with this. OH is going with me until I get more confident riding on the roads around here - country roads, trucks, semi's and fast moving traffic although thankfully not busy like in town.
No comments:
Post a Comment